Colonoscopy Prep with Magnesium Citrate and Dulcolax Tablets
- For breakfast start on clear liquids, 7-up, Sprite, water, tea, coffee without cream, orange or green Jell-O (not red, Gatorade, or broth). Remember to drink as many liquids throughout the day as possible.
- At 12 noon, take one 10 ounce bottle of Citrate of Magnesium and 2 Dulcolax tablets. If you are working, may take at 4pm. Citrate of Magnesium is found on any laxative aisle in any drug store.
- At 4pm, take one 10 ounce bottle of Citrate of Magnesium and 2 Dulcolax pills. If you are working, may take at 8pm.
- For lunch and supper, continue with clear liquid diet.
- You may continue to have clear liquids till midnight.
- If you are presently taking Aspirin, Motrin, Advil, Plavix, or any other arthritis medicines you will need to stop these 4-5 days prior to your procedure. Please inform us if you are on Coumadin, as you will need to discontinue these medications and have blood drawn prior to your procedure.
- On the morning of your exam, do not eat or drink anything until after your exam. Be sure and bring someone with you to drive your home, as you will not be allowed to drive the remainder of the day.
- Report to San Antonio Endoscopy Center, located at 8550 Datapoint Drive, Suite 100 one hour prior to your procedure. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please let our office know as soon as possible.