Colonoscopy with MoviPrep
- For breakfast start on clear liquids, 7-up, Sprite, water, tea, coffee without cream, orange or green Jell-O (not red, Gatorade, or broth). Remember to drink as many liquids throughout the day as possible.
- Part 1. The day before your procedure empty one Pouch A and one Pouch B into the mixing container. Add lukewarm drinking water to the top line of the container and mix to dissolve. You can then refrigerate it if you want. At about 6pm start drinking the liquid at the rate of about 8 ounces (one of the marks on the container) every 15 minutes until the full liter is consumed. Then drink 16 ounces or more of a clear liquid of your choice. The more you drink the cleaner you will be. You can continue to drink clear liquids until you go to bed.
- Part 2. Starting 10 hours before your scheduled procedure empty one Pouch A and one Pouch B into the mixing container. Add lukewarm drinking water to the top line of the container and mix to dissolve. Again you can mix this early and refrigerate it if you want. Start drinking the liquid at the rate of about 8 ounces (one of the marks on the container) every 15 minutes until the full liter is consumed. Then drink 16 ounces or more of water. You can drink clear liquids of your choice up to 8 hours before your procedure but must finish all bowel prep and oral intake by 8 hours before your procedure.
- Your body loses significant amounts of fluid during bowel preparation. In order to prevent dehydration, it is important to supplement that fluid loss with clear liquids. Make a conscious effort to drink as much as you can before, during, and after the preparation. You may continue to hear clear liquids till midnight.
- If you are presently taking Aspirin, Motrin, Advil, Plavix, or any other arthritis medicines you will need to stop these 4-5 days prior to your procedure. Please inform us if you are on Coumadin, as you will need to discontinue these medications and have blood drawn prior to your procedure.
- On the morning of your exam, do not eat or drink anything until after your exam. Be sure and bring someone with you to drive your home, as you will not be allowed to drive the remainder of the day.
- Report to San Antonio Endoscopy Center, located at 8550 Datapoint Drive, Suite 100 one hour prior to your procedure. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please let our office know as soon as possible.
- The endoscopy center will be calling you to get medical history from you over the phone. The center is not in the same office as your doctor, so please be aware that the medical staff for the endoscopy center may call you.